AMV BBDO wins Grand Prix WARC Award for Libresse/Bodyform campaign #bloodnormal
A campaign by AMV BBDO for Libresse/Bodyform has won the Grand Prix in the Effective Use of Brand Purpose category of the 2018 WARC Awards, a global search for next-generation marketing effectiveness.
The global campaign ‘#bloodnormal’ for Bodyform, the feminine hygiene brand, used a digital film to break taboos and connect with women globally.
As well as winning the Grand Prix, the campaign also won the Evaluation Award, for a brand purpose strategy that has gone the extra mile in measuring both commercial and societal impact.
“This is an unbelievably great case study. It makes me proud of advertising,” said jury member Jo Arden, Chief Strategy Officer, MullenLowe Group UK.
A further three Golds, five Silvers, four Bronzes, and two more Special Awards have been won in the Effective Use of Brand Purpose category, which recognises marketing initiatives that have successfully embraced a brand purpose and achieved commercial success as well as a benefit for a wider community.
The winners, as selected by the 17-strong jury panel made up of both agency and client-side industry professionals chaired by Claudia Willvonseder, Chief Marketing Officer, IKEA, are:
• #bloodnormal | Libresse/Bodyform | Essity | AMV BBDO | Global | + Evaluation Award
• Gender Violence | Tecate | Heineken | Nómades | Mexico
• Helping India cope with the death of cash | Paytm | One97 Communications | McCann Worldgroup India | India + Employee Engagement Award
• Touch | Johnson’s Baby | Johnson & Johnson Indonesia | BBDO Indonesia | Indonesia + Smart Spender Award
• The Vaseline Healing Project | Vaseline | Unilever | BBH New York | United States
• An ocean of good | Aquaguard | Eureka Forbes | Triton Communications | India
• #MakeWhatsNext in STEM | Microsoft | m:united//McCann | Global
• A beacon of light in the dark | Guinness | Diageo | AMV BBDO | Irish Republic, United Kingdom
• Beautiful Lengths | Pantene | Procter & Gamble | MediaCom Connections Israel, Adler Chomsky (Grey Israel) | Israel
• Girls Do(n’t) Fight | Reebok | McCann Worldgroup India | India
• Cook with Her | Puck | Arla Foods | FP7/DXB | Saudi Arabia
• The doll that chose to drive | Audi Spain | Volkswagen Group España | Proximity Barcelona | Spain
• Sea Hero Quest | Deutsche Telekom | Saatchi & Saatchi London | Global
View the winning case studies in the Effective Use of Brand Purpose here.
The winners of the Effective Innovation category are already announced. The Effective Content Strategy and Effective Social Strategy winners will be revealed shortly.
The annual WARC Awards scheme is a global search for next-generation marketing effectiveness. It is free to enter and there is a US$40,000/£30,104 prize fund for the winning papers spread across the four categories, each one with its own high calibre judging panel and set of Special Awards.