Shell and a band of international stars are unveiling a unique new music video for #makethefuture which spotlights a diverse range of clean energy initiatives across the world
‘On Top of the World’ features five global music artists – including Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson and British songstress Pixie Lott – and uses cutting-edge custom animation to help each star demonstrate the impact of clean energy projects supported by Shell around the world, including Brazil, China, the US, Kenya, India, Germany and the UK.
The video showcases both ‘bright energy ideas’ created by entrepreneurs supported by #makethefuture campaign, and some projects from Shell and its partners to create more and cleaner energy solutions, including:
- Insolar: Providing solar energy access to low income communities in Brazil
- GravityLight: Creating sustainable and cleaner light for families and children in Kenya
- Shell Natural Gas: Providing cleaner cooking with natural gas, saving families invaluable time in India
- Shell Partnership with Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves: Bringing clean cook stoves to families and creating healthier homes in China
- Shell Hydrogen: Creating additional cleaner transport choices for the future in the USA, Germany and the UK
‘On Top of the World’ is the latest chapter in the #makethefuture global energy relay, that began in 2016 with the launch of the ‘Best Day of My Life’ music video, which subsequently topped viral video charts and became one of the most viewed online videos of the year.
Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson, British songstress Pixie Lott, Brazilian chart-topper Luan Santana and Nigerian artist Yemi Alade reunite, and are joined by Indian talent Monali Thakur to cover the Imagine Dragons’ hit ‘On Top of the World’.
“Music is a universal language and, by tapping into our passion for it with this stellar line up of artists, we can spark a global conversation around access to cleaner energy in an engaging way,” said Malena Cutuli, Global Head of Integrated Brand Communications at Shell.
“Addressing future energy challenges demands collaboration between and among business, communities, entrepreneurs, influencers and citizens – it is the key to unlocking more and cleaner energy solutions. As a performer, it’s really exciting to be able to lend my voice to inspire future generations. I am proud to be collaborating with Shell #makethefuture, to encourage people to learn more about the potential of new clean energy solutions,” said Jennifer Hudson.