Lions Entertainment has announced the jury members who will judge this year’s Cannes Lions
Lions Entertainment, the two-day specialist event that takes place on 21-22 June 2017 as part of Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Lions Entertainment focusses on the future of the entertainment industry and brings together global brands and entertainment creators to explore how content is incorporated into mainstream culture through effective storytelling.
The 2017 content programme combines inspirational speakers and trends and insights sessions, alongside live performances from global talent. Shortlisted entries for the Entertainment Lions and the Entertainment Lions for Music will be announced and showcased during the Festival, and the winners revealed at the Awards Ceremony on 21 June 2017.
Commenting on the announcement, Louise Benson, Executive Festival Director of Lions Entertainment, said, “We’re delighted to announce such brilliant jury members to lead Lions Entertainment this year. Both Lions turn the attention on captivating content that turns consumers into fans and we can’t wait to see the brilliant work that wins in 2017 and sets the standard of excellence for the industry.”
The 2017 Lions Entertainment juries are as follows:
Entertainment Lions Jury
- PJ Pereira, Co-Founder & Chief Creative Officer, Pereira & O’Dell, Global – Jury President
- Al MacCuish, Chief Creative Officer & Co-Founder, Sunshine, UK
- Amanda Hill, Chief Marketing Officer, A+E Networks, USA
- Carol Goll, Partner and Head of Global Branded Entertainment, ICM Partners, Global
- Gabor Harrach, Television & Digital Media Executive, Formerly Red Bull, USA
- Jason Xenopoulos, CEO & Chief Creative Officer, NATIVE VML, South Africa
- Jules Daly, President, RSA Films, Global
- Julian Jacobs, Co-Head, UTA Marketing, United Talent Agency, USA
- Luciana Olivares, Content & Strategy Director, Latina Media, Peru
- Marcelo Pascoa, Global Creative Director, Coca-Cola, Global
- Marissa Nance, Managing Director, Strategic Partnerships & Multicultural Content Marketing, OMD, USA
- Misha Sher, Head of Sport & Entertainment, MediaCom Worldwide, EMEA
- Monica Chun, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, PMK*BNC, USA
- Pelle Sjoenell, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Global
- Ricardo Dias, VP Marketing, Middle Americas, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Mexico
- Samantha Glynne, Global Vice President Branded Entertainment, FremantleMedia, Global
- Steven Kalifowitz, Director, Brand Strategy, Twitter, JAPAC
- Tim Ellis, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Activision, Inc., Global
- Toan Nguyen, Partner / Executive Consulting Director, Jung von Matt/SPORTS, Germany
- Tomoya Suzuki, CEO, Creative Producer, STORIES LLC, Japan
The Entertainment Lion showcases work that elevates branded content into the cultural mainstream, communicating a brand message or connecting with consumers in a new way.
Entertainment Lions for Music Jury
- Olivier Robert-Murphy, Global Head of New Business, Universal Music Group, Global – Jury President
- Caroline Reason, Music Partnerships Executive, CAA, UK
- Chris Buseck, Composer, Supreme Music, Germany
- Fabrice Brovelli, Vice President, BETC, France
- Juan Woodbury, Director of HKX / SVP, Executive Producer, Leo Burnett, USA
- Lori Feldman, Executive Vice President Strategic Marketing, Warner Bros. Records, USA
- Marcus Peterzell, Executive Vice President, Entertainment, Ketchum, USA
- Matt Eastwood, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, J. Walter Thompson, Global
- Paulette Long OBE, Music Publisher, Board Director, Consultant, Mentor & Speaker, Music Business Mentors Ltd., UK
- Wyclef Jean, Artist, Musician, Producer, Composer, Heads Music, Global
The Entertainment Lion for Music honours original production, promotion or distribution of music for brands, where a recording artist or platform is used to communicate with consumers.
Content themes at Lions Entertainment 2017 include Brands as broadcasters, talent as rights holders and distributors as content creators – showcasing opportunities in this ever-changing landscape and learning from the experts; Winning the attention war – revealing how entertainment models might work in an era of infinite choice; Funding the way forward – defining new business and creative models powering entertainment, from creation to distribution; Raising the bar – enhancing entertainment experiences to win fans and shape cultural conversations.
The World Branding Forum is an official media partner of Cannes Lions.