21 jury members set to judge the Pharma Lions and the Health & Wellness Lions awards at this year’s Cannes Lions
Cannes Lions has announced the 21 jury members set to judge the Pharma Lions and the Health & Wellness Lions awards at this year’s Cannes Lions.
Lions Health, the two-day specialist event focussing on creative excellence in healthcare communications, kicks off the 2017 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Now in its fourth year, Lions Health awards outstanding work across Pharma and Health & Wellness, enables attendees to review and discuss the shortlisted and winning work on day two and includes a content programme focussed on the issues and opportunities relevant to the industry.
“Lions Health juries are tasked with recognising and awarding creativity in a highly regulated industry and we’re delighted to welcome this year’s juries to do just that,” commented, Louise Benson, Executive Festival Director of Lions Health. “Both the Pharma and Health & Wellness Lions have been reviewed and refined to ensure that the criteria are more clearly defined which should help this exceptional group of jury members make decisions that set the creative standards for the coming year.”
Pharma Lions Jury
- June Laffey, Executive Creative Director, McCann Health, Australia/SE Asia – Jury President
- Amit Akali, Chief Creative Officer, Medulla Communications, India
- Debra Polkes, Executive Creative Director, CDM, USA
- Dick Dunford, Creative Partner, Loooped , UK
- Graham Mills, Global Chief Creative Officer, Publicis Health, Global
- Kym White, Global Sector Chair, Health, Edelman, Global
- Mandi Fine, Chief Executive Officer, F/NE, South Africa
- R. John Fidelino, Executive Creative Director, InterbrandHealth, Global
- Ritesh Patel, Chief Digital Officer Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide, Global
- Susanne Blom, Creative Director, Lindh & Partners, Sweden
The Pharma Lions celebrate creative communications from pharmaceutical clients and services surrounding this highly-regulated industry through work that demonstrates ideas that inform and engage its health practitioners, patients and targeted consumers.
Health & Wellness Lions Jury
- Mike Rogers, Creative Partner, Serviceplan Health and Life, Germany – Jury President
- Ayu Sasaki, Creative Director, Dentsu, Japan
- Carolyn Gargano, VP Associate Creative Director, Art, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, USA
- Christine Abbott, Executive Vice President, Cohn & Wolfe, USA
- Diana Janicki, Executive Creative Director, TBWA\WorldHealth London, UK
- Diego Freitas, Creative Director, Havas Life Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Gary Scheiner, EVP, Global Chief Creative Officer, greyhealth group, Global
- Justine Metcalfe, Creative Partner, YOLO, Australia
- Orrin Pollard, Executive Creative Director, Hamell, UK
- Stacey Bernstein, Executive Vice President, Global Director of Digital Health, Weber Shandwick, Global
- Tim Hawkey, EVP, Managing Director, Executive Creative Director, Area23, USA
The Health & Wellness Lions celebrate creativity for personal wellbeing through work that demonstrates an inspired approach to consumer healthcare.
This year’s content programme features keynote sessions, inspirational seminars and informal discussion formats along with a Med Tech exhibition, featuring technologies that are changing the face of healthcare and how we communicate about it, and a Creative Hack, dedicated to improving lives through the power of the hacker’s creativity.
Content themes include: diversity and representation, ethics in healthcare – exploring the debate about human rights and privacy issues, speaking the language of healthcare Professionals – taking a more “human” and people-focused approach, the influence of pop culture on healthcare communications – examining the importance of user experience in healthcare technology and the impact of the quantified self.
The World Branding Forum is an official media partner of Cannes Lions.